The Best Sports Rehab Interventions – Shaun Goulbourne
Traditional interventions can be counterproductive in sports rehab, activating self-defense mechanisms that freeze muscles, compress nerves, sharpen pain, and diminish performance.
And when these “tried and true” treatments fail, clients can give up on therapy completely – leaving you questioning your effectiveness and worrying that your treatment methods are out of date.
But with the latest techniques for treating sports injuries and biomechanically enhancing athletes, your work can deliver triumph from trauma, helping clients confidently return to play, prevent re-injury, and achieve peak performance – no matter what their sport throws at them.
Watch Dr. Shaun Goulbourne as he shares new techniques and tests that will empower you to counteract the unique stressors of today’s sports. Learn how to analyze and improve the full kinetic chain with functional movement screening, guiding athletes to faster recovery and stronger, safer performance. Practice today’s best conditioning strategies to optimize energy transfer and improve impact absorption.
Achieve better treatment outcomes by more effectively combining multiple modalities, from exercise to joint manipulation and IASTM. And design advanced, innovative plans of care for a wide variety of common sports injuries.
Whether your new patients is a weekend warrior or a Golden State Warrior, you’ll be ready to confidently guide them toward rapid improvements with the best methods available in sports rehab.
- Discuss the latest advances in sports rehabilitation and their implications for therapy.
- Review strategies for more quickly identifying the root causes of pain and functional limitations.
- Integrate effective interventions can be used immediately to eliminate pain, restore function, and improve athletic performance.
- Combine multiple modalities effectively for better results, including dry needling, manual therapy, IASTM, yoga, core stabilization, Crossfit training, and sports-specific workouts.
- Design robust, innovative plans of care for a wide range of sports injuries.
- Apply the assessments and interventions discussed in this seminar to a series of interactive case scenarios.
HOT TOPICS AND INNOVATIONS IN SPORTS REHABILITATION
- How your patients can benefit from cutting edge research
HANDS-ON LAB: UPGRADE YOUR ASSESSMENT AND CLINICAL REASONING SKILLS
- Get to the root causes of impairments faster with better evaluation techniques for:
- Movement dysfunction
- Fascial and joint restrictions
- Muscle tightness and weakness
- Balance, stability and mobility
- Nerve entrapments
HANDS-ON LAB: EXPAND YOUR SPORTS REHAB TOOLBOX
- Practice effective techniques you can use immediately to:
- Eliminate pain
- Improve function and athletic performance
- Increase strength, flexibility, power, and endurance
- Improve balance, coordination, stability and mobility
- Enhance movement mechanics
- Loosen tight muscles
- Mobilize soft tissue
- Decompress entrapped nerves
HOW TO EFFECTIVELY COMBINE MULTIPLE MODALITIES FOR BETTER RESULTS
- Sports-specific workouts
- Core stabilization
- Crossfit training
- Joint manipulation
- Dry needling
- Nutritional analysis
HANDS-ON LAB: DESIGN ADVANCED, INNOVATIVE PLANS OF CARE FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Practice developing comprehensive treatment strategies for common impairments, including:
- Running, jumping, and other lower body sports injuries
- Throwing and other upper body sports injuries
- Neck and back pain
- SI joint and pelvic dysfunction
- Postural deviations
- Nerve entrapments
CASE STUDIES: PUT KNOWLEDGE TO PRACTICE
- Case study 1: Decrease hip pain with running athletes
- Case study 2: Reduce back pain with functional activities
- Case study 3: Safeguard the shoulder and elbow during sports activities
- Case study 4: Improve athletic performance and power input