Packt Publishing – Learning Meteor Application Development
An informative walkthrough for creating a complete, multi-tier Meteor application from the ground up
An informative walkthrough for creating a complete, multi-tier Meteor application from the ground up About This Video
Master the fundamentals for delivering clean, concise Meteor applications with this friendly, informative guide.
Implement repeatable, effective setup and configuration processes and maximize your development efficiency on every project.
Utilize cutting-edge techniques and templates to reduce the complexity of your applications and create concise, reusable components.
Develop and deploy rock-solid server technologies, implementing both traditional REST APIs and Meteor’s revolutionary DDP service
Learning Meteor Application Development will get you up and running on the Meteor platform, and have you well on your way to creating powerful, effective web and mobile applications in hours instead of weeks. By taking advantage of all of Meteor’s efficient development capabilities, you can take your development skills to the next level, and build those “killer apps” you’ve been dreaming about.
We’ll begin by installing Meteor, configuring the development environment and building a baseline application, allowing us to quickly and easily create a fully functional application.
Then we’ll create a full-stack application, and build a simple, elegant, data-reactive UI. We will connect that UI to back-end services by creating a MongoDB data collection, Meteor DDP services, and a RESTful API.
As we come to the end we will test our application and deploy it to Meteor’s servers or to a customized production environment, so that we can show it off to the world!
Getting Up and Running with Meteor
- The Course Overview (2:45)
- Setting Up Meteor (3:11)
- An Introduction to Meteor Scaffolding (6:43)
- Creating Your First App (6:18)
- Enhancing Your App with Custom Packages (8:53)
Content Creation and Adding Collections
- Displaying Collections (6:54)
- Adding Content through User Input (5:12)
- Securing Your Application (5:38)
- Interacting with External Services (17:40)
Creating Clean Web and REST Services
- Introduction to Iron Router (2:46)
- Using Iron Router Templates (5:46)
- Creating REST Endpoints (8:04)
Creating Responsive User Interfaces
- Structuring Your UI with Masonry (4:09)
- Styling with Bootstrap (4:54)
- Additional Interactivity (10:17)
Deploying Your Application
- Deploying to Meteor.com (4:31)
- Deploying to a Custom Hostname (2:29)
- Deploying to a Custom Server (6:19)