Michael C. Redman – CompTIA Network+ Course
Welcome to Network+ certification course. This course is designed to take you through every topic you’ll need to know to be able to pass the Network+ exam from CompTIA.
If you’re already familiar with CompTIA, then you know that the CompTIA certification exams are among the most popular IT industry certification exams in the world. They allow you to build a solid foundation that you can use to get a job or get a better job. And in some organizations, having your Network+ is a requirement for earning a job in that organization.
And whether you decide to sit for your Network+ exam or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of learning something new.
CompTIA is the computing technology industry association. It is the largest provider of vendor neutral IT certifications in the world. The members of CompTIA are companies that manufacture, distribute, and resell this type of technology. And instead of those companies having their own individual certifications, they instead, rely on CompTIA to create a centralized vendor neutral certification.
CompTIA certification exams are available in over 100 countries around the world and in many different languages. So no matter where you happen to be, you have the opportunity to earn one of these CompTIA certifications.
This course is for the Network+ exam.This course is designed to give you exactly what you need to know to earn that Network+ certification, and I’ve created bit-sized videos that follow along with the CompTIA exam objectives.
The Network+ exam is 90-minutes long, and you could get a maximum of 90 questions on the exam. The passing score is 720, in a scale of 100 to 900. And we think that every question is worth a different number of points so it’s difficult to determine what percentage of questions you have to get right to earn that passing score.
On the exam, you’ll have the traditional multiple choice questions, where you might choose A, B, C, or D to get the correct answer, but you might also get what CompTIA calls, performance-based questions. These might be fill-in-the-blank or matching questions. You might have to put things in a particular order. They might give you a scenario and have you complete that scenario online. Or they might provide a command prompt and ask you to perform a particular function.
If you’re prepping for your exam, one of the most important things you can do is to download the exam objectives from the CompTIA website. They will tell you exactly what you need to know before you walk in the door of the exam room. Of course, these videos are available for you to watch, and all of the topics from those exam objectives are covered in this video series.
Best of luck with your studies, and I’ll look forward to seeing you earn that Network+ certification.
- (Chapter 01) CompTIA Network+ in a Nutshell (5:27)
- (Chapter 02) Network Models (33:26)
- (Chapter 03) Cabling and Topology (41:39)
- (Chapter 04) Ethernet Basics (14:12)
- (Chapter 05) Modern Ethernet (16:40)
- (Chapter 06) Installing a Physical Network1 (39:10)
- (Chapter 07) TCP IP Basics1 (43:38)
- (Chapter 08) The Wonderful World of Routing1 (43:20)
- (Chapter 09) TCPIP Applications (26:10)
- (Chapter 10) Network Naming (21:52)
- (Chapter 11) Securing TCPIP (40:52)
- (Chapter 12) Advanced Networking Devices (20:31)
- (Chapter 13) IPv6 (20:13)
- (Chapter 14) Remote Access (36:32)
- (Chapter 15) Wireless Networking (27:15)
- (Chapter 16) Virtualization and Cloud Computing (23:00)
- (Chapter 17) Building a Real World Network (33:59)
- (Chapter 18) Managing Risk (21:42)
- (Chapter 19) Protecting the Network (24:52)
- (Chapter 20) Network Monitoring (9:32)