Evan Kimbrell – Entrepreneurship 101: Learn the basics and get started today
Interested in becoming an Entrepreneur?
Thinking about quitting your boring 9-5 job for a more exciting career path?
Want to finally gain financial freedom and do more of what you want?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Welcome to the course: Entrepreneurship 101
In this course, we’re going to cover everything you need to know to get started as an Entrepreneur.
- How to assess yourself and build an Entrepreneurial strategy that complements your personality
- How to understand core concepts of Entrepreneurship, like the business life cycle, the process of starting a business, scaleability, MVPs, Entrepreneurial leverage and much more.
- How to pick the right entrepreneurial path for you: the side, the lifestyle, and the startup entrepreneur
- How to understand & use new disruptive business models to find and take advantage of business opportunities
- How to start coming up with business ideas today; business ideas that are not only insightful but complement your skills & personality
- How to pre-validate your ideas and determine whether or not they’ll be successful without spending $1
- How to find and secure investment for your venture through all the means available: loans, friends & family, angel investors, crowd funding, bootstrapping, & venture capital.
And so much more.
Ready to get started?
Join the course!
Introduction to the course
- Course Overview (3:23)
- First thing to do (1:10)
- Section 1 review material
What is an Entrepreneur?
- What is an Entrepreneur? (2:12)
- Myths about Entrepreneurship (4:41)
- Common personality traits (6:30)
- The most important trait of all (2:03)
- Age & Entrepreneurship (2:28)
- Test your understanding on Entrepreneurs
- Section 2 review material
The Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Intro to Section 3 (0:50)
- The entrepreneurial mindset (3:23)
- Understanding the business life cycle (5:31)
- The different types of income (4:55)
- The process of opportunity recognition (3:54)
- Concepts & terms from Section 3
- Section 3 review material
The different paths you can take
- Intro to section 4 (1:04)
- Side businesses (2:30)
- Lifestyle Entrepreneurs (5:26)
- Startup Founders (2:33)
- Social Entrepreneurs (4:16)
- section 4 quiz
- Section 4 review material
Core concepts & frameworks
- Intro to section 5 (1:04)
- Service vs Product businesses (3:29)
- What is a business model? (1:51)
- Old business models (2:44)
- New, disruptive business models (7:07)
- Scalability (4:41)
- Section 5 review material
- Where do business ideas come from? (10:46)
- Making them fit you (3:44)
- 3 ways to come up with your first business idea (8:05)
- Section 6 review material
Validating your idea
- What is validation? (2:56)
- Surveys (6:13)
- Talking to experts (4:37)
- The lean startup framework (8:02)
- Pitch experiments (5:21)
- Creating an MVP (7:50)
- Section 7 review material
- Know your options (0:52)
- Bootstrapping (10:37)
- FFF & Angels (10:21)
- Equity & Debt (5:48)
- Loans (6:15)
- Venture capital (9:38)
- Section 8 review material