Complete Android Programming with KitKat 4.4
It has a more polished design, improved performance, and a TON of new features. In fact, this latest Android Update from Google is all set to match Apple’s iOS 8
In our Complete Android Programming Course, we will walk you through the fundamentals of Android app development in Java.
You will learn ALL the skills needed to develop exciting and powerful Android mobile apps using the latest versions of the SDK and the new Android Studio development environment.
This course will be updated on a weekly basis with latest lessons.
Currently you get 8 Sections with 60 lectures and assignments.
If you are truly interested in learning mobile app development for the Android platform, then this is the course for you.
What You Will Learn
We’ll start with the basics: activities and layouts. You’ll learn how to create user interfaces and how to drive them from activities, and how to harness the power of intents to link activities into a compelling user experience.
Of course, an app is nothing without its data, and Android has some pretty powerful tools to store that data.
We’ll talk about SQLite, the mobile version of the popular SQL relational database management system. You’ll learn how to store data in SQLite databases, and how to retrieve that data later and use it to populate several different types of user interface controls.
Making your apps sparkle with 2D and 3D graphics will also be covered.
You’ll learn some basic animation techniques to use with any view in the course, but you’ll also learn how to animate any object – that is, to change its properties over time! This is a powerful technique that can be used not just for traditional animation, but for any time-bound task.
We’ll also discuss the OpenGL-ES 3D graphics library.
We’ve included a bonus One Hour – Live Webinar Introductory Session where Rick will walk you through the basics and advanced features that are covered in the course… at the end of which there will be an open Q&A session.
What You Get
- 50 hours high quality video training.
- 12 units spanning over 60 sessions.
- Direct support from our course mentors.
- Community of over 300 people in training.
- Source Code, Workbooks and Exercises.
You also get the following Bonuses
- Bonus 1 – Android Smart Watch and Wearables Programming
- Bonus 2 – Primer on Amazon’s hot new Fire OS
- Bonus 3 – Live Android Programming Webinar
Pretty much anything a developer can do to an Android mobile device is covered in this course.
Installation of Java and Developer Tools
- Introduction (10:54)
- Android Applications Overview (10:40)
- A Simple Hello World App with Source Code (15:31)
- The Activity Lifecycle (9:40)
- Activity Lifecycle Demo with Source Code (12:20)
- Model/View/Controller (8:30)
- Model/View/Controller Demo with Source Code (9:36)
- Activities and Layouts (11:09)
- Activities and Layouts Demo with Source Code (7:12)
- Intents (11:52)
- Intents Demo 1 with Source Code (4:47)
- Intents Demo 2 with Source Code (5:51)
- Intents Demo 3 with Source Code (6:16)
User Interaction and Controls
- Layout Discussion (11:57)
- Layout Demo 1 (10:44)
- Layout Demo 2 with Source Code (4:40)
- Fragments Discussion (8:50)
- Controls Discussion (12:16)
- Event Handling with Source Code (7:33)
- Listening For More Than One Event On a Single Control with Source Code (6:43)
- Using String Resources from Code, Localization with Source Code (7:35)
List Views and List Activities
- List View Overview (7:57)
- First List View Demo with Source Code (8:45)
- Second List View Demo with Source Code – Part 1 (6:46)
- Second List View Demo with Source Code – Part 2 (6:42)
- Second List View Demo with Source Code – Part 3 (8:08)
- Spinner Demo with Source Code (13:06)
- SQLite Overview Discussion (9:24)
- SQL Statement Syntax (11:03)
- SQLite with Android (11:28)
- Simple Database App with Source Code (11:04)
- The Simple Cursor Adapter Class (6:42)
- Putting it all Together with Source Code (12:16)
Services, Content Providers, and Broadcasts – Part I
- Services: An Overview (10:46)
- Started Service with Source Code (8:47)
- Intent Service with Source Code (5:53)
- Getting a Result back from a Service (8:56)
- Using a Result Receiver with Source Code (9:49)
Services, Content Providers, and Broadcasts – Part II
- Bound Services (8:32)
- Bound Services Demo with Source Code (13:07)
- Implicit Intents (15:05)
- Demo Implicit Intent to run activity from another App with Source Code (5:34)
- Demo of Implicit Intent with Source Code (6:37)
- Content Providers (10:49)
- Demo of accessing the Contact List with Source Code (8:23)
Topics on Notifications, Audio and Video
- Notifications Discussion (6:40)
- Simple Notification Demo with Source Code (4:45)
- Handling Notification Intents with Source Code (8:58)
- Playing Audio Discussion (9:18)
- Playing Audio from Local res/raw with Source Code (2:01)
- Streaming Audio from a URL with Source Code (10:18)
- Recording Audio Discussion (5:15)
- Recording Audio Demo with Source Code (8:18)
- Streaming Video from URL with Source Code (4:35)
- Video and Photo Capture Discussion (6:08)
- Using the Camera App to Capture Photos and Videos with Source Code (7:51)
- Fragment Overview (11:10)
- Fragment Demo 1 with Source Code (4:20)
- Fragment Communication (7:33)
- Fragment Demo 2 with Source Code (6:51)
- Orientation Changes (5:03)
- Demo of Automatic Orientation Change with Source Code (7:08)
- Demo of Swapping Fragments on Configuration with Source Code (6:34)
View and Property Animation
- View Animation (7:40)
- View Animation Demo with Source Code (4:52)
- Property Animation (7:40)
- Simple Property Animation with Source Code (3:18)
- Using Animator Set with Source Code (4:32)
Location and Sensors
- Location Discussion (7:30)
- Location Demo with Source Code (9:54)
- Sensor Discussion (11:51)
- Using Sensors with Source Code (6:31)
- A simple step counter app with Source Code (7:12)
Intro to OpenGL – ES
- OpenGL-ES overview Discussion (6:14)
- Setting up the Environment with Source Code (7:21)
- Shape Coordinates Discussion (7:41)
- Setting up the Coordinates and Buffers with Source Code (6:30)
- Shaders and Drawing Discussion (15:26)
- Vertex and Fragment Shaders, Drawing a Square with Source Code (11:55)
- The model – View – Projection Matrix Discussion (12:37)
- How to Make The Square Look Square with Source Code (6:23)